Thu, 21 Mar|
Circle Facilitator Training (online)
Bring circle to your work, volunteering or community with our circle facilitator training.
Time & Location
21 Mar 2024, 10:00 GMT – 29 Mar 2024, 13:00 GMT
About The Event
Learn how to plan and hold trauma-informed circles with this online training.
This training will blend learning and practice to help you build and hold circle with confidence. Learn from our experiences of holding circle with survivors of sexual harm and relationship abuse. We'll help you work in a way that is trauma-informed and can support your work from planning your first circle through to your on-going development as a practitioner.
Our training is suitable for
- All levels of experience, from beginners to people who want to grow in their existing circle practice
- Learning how to hold online or in person circles
- Building circles to support clients or to support internal teams
- Work in therapeutic, education, community or workplace settings
- Learning how to hold one-off circles, develop a programme of circles or establish ongoing circle communities
This course will be delivered online over two weekends with practice sessions taking place inbetween.
Our online sessions will take place on (all UK times)
Thursday 21st March 10.00 until 16.00
Friday 22nd March 10.00 until 13.00
Friday 29th March 10.00 until 13.00
You will need to attend all of these sessions as part of this training.
Between our session on 22nd March and our final session on 29th March you will be invited to hold online circle with three other people from the course, the time commitment for this will be 1 hour prep and 1 hour to attend this circle.
During your time with us you will learn
- What circle is
- The origins of circle and the ways in which it can be used today
- The format of circle
- The importance of intention
- The power of silence
- The agreements and why we have them
- How to plan a session
- How to write an invitation
- How to plan a circle programme
- Using circle in meetings, with clients, and as community-building practice
- The trauma-informed elements of circle
- Good practice in your development as a practitioner
You will practice
- Being in circle as a participant
- Being in circle as a guardian
- Being in circle as a host
- Writing invitations to circle
- Planning and holding different types of circles
You will be invited to reflect on
- Your experiences of different types of circles
- What type of circle practitioner you want to be
- How circle could be used in your place of work, as part of your activism, or in your community
The cost of our training is £375 (+VAT) per person.
We will be using Zoom to host this online training. If you are not used to using Zoom please see these articles that will help you get online. You do not need to open a Zoom account, you will be able to join us as a guest using your browser.
If you need to cancel your booking we can offer you a full refund if you cancel a month before the training starts. If you need to cancel after that date please get in touch with us email@example.com and we'll see if we can book you onto an alternative training or offer a partial refund.
We need a minimum number of people for this training to provide you with a good experience of holding circle. If we do not manage to gather enough participants to make this training viable we will let you know as soon as we can, we'll try to rearrange the course for another date and will offer full refunds for anyone who would prefer a refund.
Dates don't work for you?
Check out our other online training dates here.
Confirm your place£375.00Tax: +£75.00 VAT