Sat, 26 Feb|
Entrance to One Garden near main carpark
Walk and talk: Stanmer Park
Join us as we take the question 'What would justice feel like?' for a walk around Stanmer Park near Brighton. We'll invite nature to lead the way as we walk, notice, and share our thoughts in a small group.
Time & Location
26 Feb 2022, 11:30 – 13:00
Entrance to One Garden near main carpark, Stanmer Park, Lewes Rd, Stanmer, Brighton BN1 9SE, UK
About The Event
Join Nina and Cynthia from The Consent Collective as we take the question 'What would justice feel like?' for a walk in nature. This walk is part of our project where we are gathering wisdom around the wider question 'How do people heal from injustice?'.
For this walk you'll be invited to join us with the intention of exploring our imagination, being lead by nature in the process. What have woods and grounds at Stanmer Park got to tell us about healing from injustice?
We'll meet by the entrance to the walled garden area, by the main central car park in Stanmer Park for an 11.30 start. This car park is large, a cafe and toilets can be found inside the walled garden area. Expect a 60 minute walk along rough and sometimes hilly paths, with a few poems and the invitation to talk and reflect.
Before you arrive:
- Please do not attend if you have any COVID symptoms
- If you are able, please take a lateral flow test on the morning before you join us
- Clothing and footwear for a potentially cold and wet day. We will be sitting/standing occassionally so please wrap up warm enough to be still in nature in the cold.
- A packed lunch, snacks and drinks for yourself (or money to buy them at the cafes in Stanmer Park)
- A facemask (if you wish to wear one) and hand santiser
- Any poem about healing or justice that you would like to share with the group
- We're planning a walk in the UK in the winter so we're feeling pretty hardy about the whole thing. If it's cold and wet we'll still be going ahead. It'll take an actual storm for us to cancel. If we do cancel we will email you on the morning of 26th Feb. If you want to check in with us before you leave home you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Please have a think about where you are on your healing journey and how supported you feel in order to join in with a conversation about healing from injustice after sexual violence or relationship abuse. This walk and talk can't be used as a substitute for any therapeutic support that you may be needed right now.
You do not need to print this ticket. We'll have your name on our guest list£0.00