Sat, 06 Aug|
Punchbowl Car Park
Walk and talk: Cannock Chase
Join us as we take the question 'What would justice feel like?' for a walk around beautiful Cannock Chase in Staffordshire. We'll invite nature to lead the way as we walk, notice, and share our thoughts in a small group.
Time & Location
06 Aug 2022, 11:00 – 13:30 BST
Punchbowl Car Park, Milford, Stafford ST17 0XA, UK
About The Event
Join Nina and Cynthia from The Consent Collective as we take the question 'What would justice feel like?' for a walk in nature. This walk is part of our project where we are gathering wisdom around the wider question 'How do people heal from injustice?'.
For this walk you'll be invited to join us with the intention of exploring our imagination, being lead by nature in the process. What have the flora and fauna in Cannock Chase got to tell us about healing from injustice?
We'll meet in the Punchbowl Carpark at Cannock Chase (ST17 0XA) for an 11.00 start. You should easily be able to spot our brightly coloured sign written van. So come on over and we'll meet at the van. Expect a muddy and hilly walk with a few poems and the invitation to talk as we journey on a circular route around a section of Cannock Chase.
This event is open to people of any gender and is for over 18s only.
Before you arrive:
- Please do not attend if you have any COVID symptoms
- Clothing and footwear for a potentially cold, wet and hilly walk
- A packed lunch, snacks and drinks for yourself
- A facemask (if you wish to wear one) and hand santiser
- Any poem about healing or justice that you would like to share with the group
- We're planning a walk in the UK so we're feeling pretty hardy about the whole thing. If it's cold and wet we'll still be going ahead. It'll take an actual storm for us to cancel. If we do cancel we will email you on the morning of the walk. If you want to check in with us before you leave home you can email us email@example.com
- FYI there are no public toilets in this area. The nearest are in the village of Milford. Please come prepared for a wee in nature if you think you may need one.
Please have a think about where you are on your healing journey and how supported you feel in order to join in with a conversation about healing from injustice after sexual violence or relationship abuse. This walk and talk can't be used as a substitute for any therapeutic support that you may need right now.
You do not need to print this ticket. We'll have your name on our guest list